Sunbrella has become one of the widely used fabric for making outdoor furniture pillows and cushions. However, cleaning and taking care of your sunbrella cushions might be time taking and difficult, unless you are aware of some easy cleaning tips. Here in this article, we are sharing simple guidelines for cleaning your sunbrella cushions.
Before starting a cleaning process, you should make some preparations including:
- To do sunbrella cushions cleaning, choose a fine sunny day.
- You should read carefully the label pasted on your cushion. Sunbrella is able to withstand a lot of frequent tough usage; however, in case of damage, the warranty may become void.
- If your cushions covers can be removed, clean them by washing in a washing machine since it is the easiest and fastest way to clean the covers.
- Always air dry the covers made of sunbrella. Machine drying can badly damage the surface.
Preventive tips for spotless & clean sunbrella cushions
Sunbrella resist mold and mildew growth effectively’ however, the dirt hanging around may often turns out to be embedded dirt, making a favorable condition for mold growth, which with time, leaves unpleasant spots all over the surface. Follow these tips to avoid it.
- Vacuum or brush all loose debris and dirt and give your cushions a wash if required.
- Wipe all spills from cushions right after they are observed.
These simple tips followed on a regular basis also avoids the need of deep cleaning and re-treatment of the fabric with some water repellent.
Light cleaning of sunbrella cushions
In case if you want a light and easy cleaning methods for sunbrella cushions, follow these tips.
- Always vacuum or brush away all debris and loose dirt before cleaning is started.
- To make a cleaning solution, mix 2 ounces (1.5 cups) of mild soap with one gallon of lukewarm water.
- By using a soft bristle brush or sponge, apply solution over the fabric and let it soak the solution.
- Now wash completely and let cushions dry.
- Follow this cleaning process at least once in every 15 days.