Your outdoor restaurant furniture is an expensive and long term investment. Being placed in outdoors, this furniture is also the most prone to harsh weather conditions, along with rough and frequent usage by the visitors. The first outdoor restaurant furniture element that is affected in that case is fabric of the furniture. In this article, we will talk about some of the best fabrics used for outdoor restaurant furniture and how to maintain them to their original shape and quality for years to come.
- Resin, Woven Nylon, Performance Weave (HDPE)
These are the fabrics that are manufactured from HDPE, meaning High Density Polyethylene. It is a recycled type of plastic that is able to give an attractive and highly durable option to wood. Its features include:
- HDPE doesn’t blister, peel, rot or weather.
- It is stain resistant in nature and can be cleaned with water and mild soap mixture.
- Often ultra-violet stabilized color agents are added during formation, making HDPE’s painting intact and avoiding fading.
- This fabric is made of recycled milk and juice boxes, by 90 percent.
Wash or rinse the HDPE weave with a mixture of water and mild soap. Hose to wash and then let it dry.
It is another great alternative fabric for outdoor restaurant furniture. Its characteristics are:
- Its contents include 100 percent solution dyed acrylic
- It is light weighted; about 0.8 ounces a square yard
- Its solution dyed content provides great weather and fade resistance
- It is purely made up of dyed acrylic fiber that is thermoplastic.
While storing this fabric, it should be washed with a mixture of water and mild soap and dried before storing it in a well ventilated and dry area. Use soft sponge to remove stains.